CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, November 28, 2008

Candy Making

Today I got a wild hair and decided that it would be fun to make candy for Christmas. Usually, I make cookies. And when I say cookies, I mean that I make like 8 or 9 different kinds of cookies, and stuff them in my freezer until it's time to eat them. This year, I don't have the time, nor the energy, (or the freezer space) to do that, so I have made Snickerdoodles, and now I have made candy. I made Layered Peppermint Bark. It is like peanut brittle, except with chocolate... Anyway, it was really rather fun, however, it was more of a hassle than anything. Of course, AVD wanted to help. When AVD wants to help, it means "I want to eat whatever you are making, and play in the sink and make lots of messes with the water." So between trying to keep her from eating the chocolates, and stirring the double boiler, the door bell rang twice, the baby wouldn't stop crying, and to top it off (I'll be honest) I didn't really know what I was doing with the candy, and I had a time crunch. Needless to say, my first candy making experience was well...like this: AHHH!!! But maybe if you were a fly on the wall you would have laughed. Especially when I took my meat mallet to the chocolate to break it into edible pieces. That was the best part!!





2 comments:

Miss Book Slut said...

I don't even have children and I don't even attempt to cook/make anything, let alone candy. Kudos to you! Looks good.

mub said...

Oooh can I have the recipe for this? Pleeeeeease?